Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Importance of Technology

Living in the 21st century, I realize how important technology is and how big it will affect me as a future teacher and my future students. I believe that It is important to not only incorporate technology into the classroom, but also as a teacher understand how to use and be up to date with the newest technology. I believe this because children these days are highly impacted and surrounded by the latest technology such as laptops, iPhones and Blackberrys so it is important to know how to incorporate these into the learning environment so that the children will be more engaged about learning. It is also important to incorporate technology into the classroom because being around technology is the environment that the children grow up in, and so it is important to make the school setting feel just as natural to them as their home environment.


In fact, my own life and learning as been affected by technology. For instance now days research is really easy compared to the past, instead of looking in the library or encyclopaedia we have google, which saves a lot of time and energy. I also have the opportunity to follow the slide shows presented in lectures through my computer which helps to keep engaged and follow along. My learning was also shaped by technology in high school, where my high school was too small to have a lot of extra classes and therefor to get extra credit I had taken a lot of 3V classes. A negative way that technology has affected my life and learning is that it is very distracting. I am connected to my blackberry which causes distraction in class or during study times, also there are so many things on the internet that it is easy to get distracted when listening to a lecture. 

As a future teacher I will incorporate technology into the classroom through many different ways. Such things like texting polls, smart boards and blogs will whelp to incorporate modern day technology. I also think it is important to allow the children to bring there laptops to school for note taking etc... I also think it would be neat to incorporate E-books into the classroom, so that instead of the students having a hard copy of the book they would have a electronic version. Overall I believe that technology plays a huge role in our society and it is important to incorporate it into everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment