Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SQ4R

The SQ4R is the most recent version of a strategy for reading. This strategy stands for

SurveyQuestionReadReciteRelateReview


The first time I have ever learned about this strategy was in class, and as a college student I wish I would have learned about this earlier because it seems like a very affective strategy for improving comprehension and grades. Using this strategy would not only be helpful when writing reading and comprehension tests but would also be very helpful when studying. 

Sometimes when I study I just read the text to finish it but at the end I don't even remember what I read. This strategy could help with that problem and enable me to actually understand and remember what I am reading. I will incorporate this reading strategy when I am studying but also be sure to incorporate this within my future classrooms. I think it is very important to help the children understand what they are reading and help them fully comprehend the material at a young age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment